Aesop’s celebrated collection of fables has always been popular with both adults and children. These simple tales embody truths so powerful, the titles of the individual fables – the fox and the grapes, the dog in the manger, the wolf in sheep’s clothing and many others – have entered the languages and idioms of most European tongues.
This edition is beautifully illustrated in black and white by the great Arthur Rackham, and has an introduction by G.K. Chesterton.
- The Fox & the Grapes
- The Goose that Laid the Golden Eggs
- The Fox & the Stork
- The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing
- The Shepherd’s Boy & the Wolf
- The Hare & the Tortoise
- The Lion & the Ass
- The Town Mouse & the Country Mouse
- The Ass & His Masters
- Prometheus & the Making of Man
And many more…